Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Months of change, mind full thought and emotions.


About 4 months ago we moved across the country, We went from the hot muggy south of Georgia, to the dry hot dessert of New Mexico. That is my life as a military spouse, we move, uproot our children, and try our best to make the best of our new life, I tell my self it is an adventure, but there are days it is just overwhelming and depressing.

Many times this summer I have wanted to get on here and vomit my brain. I am not a highly educated woman, I barely finished high school. As much as I love to learn it stresses me out to do it in a classroom setting. I prefer to not get graded. Instead of a full knowledge of world goings on and political mud slinging, I know songs to Phineas and Ferb, Doc McStuffens, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Just knowing half this crap that goes on would depress anyone. But any person who wants to make a difference and be a good force in this bad world should know whats going on. 

Since moving here I have found out that NM has the 2nd worst schools in all of America, it has the highest rate of teen pregnancies, Santa Fe is a sanctuary for illegal immigrants, and the unemployment rate is ridiculous compared to the cost of living. 

This is the year, a year that could mean change. Every 4 years we get a chance to vote, a way to get our voice heard. September 26th was national voters registration day. I really hope that you have registered so that you have no excuse when you dislike the way our government is flushing our country down the flusher.

... more thoughts later

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...